background

Monday, January 2, 2012

The Big 3-0

I have been dreading this day for seriously, 5 years now. My husband would testify to that, since the day I turned 25 I've reminded myself each year that I was closer to 30 than 20. I did not have a meltdown today, although one was fully expected. I'm pretty proud. I can't tell you exactly why I hate the idea of being 30 so much. I have friends that are 30. They didn't dry up and turn into one big wrinkle and they still do the same stuff they were doing last year when they were 29. No life altering change hit me today...I don't know what it is. I just don't like it. There is something about being a twenty-something that just makes you feel youthful. Being a thirty-something just doesn't have the same ring to it. Boo-hoo. Oh and P.S. I found a grey eyebrow hair tonight. Are you kidding me!? I got this super lighted, magnifying mirror for Christmas. So far it has proven to be quite evil...and I asked for the dang thing! I could seriously sit for hours picking, tweezing, and staring at my giant pores and other various imperfections. I am also sure that I spotted a wrinkle, or a "laugh line", which is just a friendly way to say WRINKLE. Justin said I was crazy. I'm afraid he may steal and hide my magic mirror.

Less whining, right? Right. So good things about turning 30....hmmm. I can't really think of any off the top of my head :) I am however, thankful for another birthday that I am here for and I pray for many more to come. I am thankful for my health and for the health of my family. One good thing I can say is that I think I look 10 times better at 30 than I did at 20. I know how to fix my hair and make up in a flattering way and I am definitely in better shape than I was back then. At 20 I was in college with the freshman 15 (or 20), had a nice little beer belly, and I definitely did not have a lick of style! I owned a pair of pleather pants, people! That is just sad. I could tell you a pretty funny story about pleather pants, a dance floor, and one of my favorite red heads...but she would probably kill me :) Aaahhh 20, the good ol days.

On a side note, I would say Day 1 on my New Years resolution was a success. I did do some mild complaining about my age and grey eye brow hair, but hey, it IS my birthday and I can cry if I want to :)

Today's Blessings:

4. I am blessed with a very sweet husband that tells me he loves me every day. He also took me on a birthday date tonight and told me I looked pretty.

5. I had over 50 people wish me a happy birthday on facebook. What a great feeling that so many people took a moment out of their day to think of me. It really made my day.

6. I am so thankful for my sister in law, Julie. I know that some people may have awkward relationships with in-law family members, but I am so blessed that I gained a sister through marriage who has also become one of my best friends. Thank you Jules for keeping our little monkey tonight so Justin and I could go on our hot date!

7. New love. I have a couple of single friends who have recently started dating some special someones. Now, I don't know if either one is truly "in love" just yet, but it is a blessing to me to see them happier than they have been in a very long time. I pray that they are able to find a love as true as I have.


Justin and I on my birthday date tonight

1 comment:

  1. You looked FAB on your thirtieth!!! And just let me get my hands on any stray gray eyebrows.... The wonders of hair color never cease!
    I was so happy to have Addy yesterday, I hope to allow you many more date nights. I'm proud of you for your resolution and for putting it out there so we can support you... I think counting our blessings is something we can all do better at!

    ReplyDelete